On numerous occasions, discussions about expanding house building boil down to land – all things considered, you can’t assemble a house without it. Time and again the expense and accessibility of land are colossal hindrances to building homes, especially homes that are easily affordable. Change is expected to guarantee more land winds up in the hands of those who need to build houses.
And the fact is we don’t need all of our land to fulfil the housing shortage. Consider few facts below:
- 94% of land in England hasn’t been built on and is labelled as green belt.
- To build 245,000 houses annually, requires only 0.05% of land. In other words, to eliminate
- Britain’s housing shortage for the next 20 years, only 1% of land would require planning to be built on!
- Relying on suitable brownfield land won’t be enough as there’s only enough land to meet 4.5 years of housing requirements.
So the next question is, why aren’t there more houses being built in this case?
- Not all land sites have been discovered locally.
- Most land sites are privately owned, hindering development.
- Lack of transparency
Actualizing changes towards releasing land for development will bring down costs, build the quantity of homes assembled and increase the chances of planning approvals in the future. Evaluations suggest a 25% diminishment in area cost and a 5% fall in expenses/fees could realize a 80% increment in affordable homes.
For such reasons, it is the best option to invest your money in land today. UK is one of the safest market and we, Herald Land provide you the best land sites at affordable rates.
Your free guide to owning land in the UK here